I found this big tag on Past Midnight who found it on A Little Haze Book Blog I highly recommend checking out both reading blogs. If you did this tag let me know in the comments and I’ll link you here as well. 😀 This is a fun and long Q&A!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, but I get super distracted.
2. The Harry Potter Series or The Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer
Twilight (I do like Harry Potter though!)
- I just like vampires and romance and feel like a lot of series and even whole sub-genres might have never existed or gained prominence without Twilight.
- I had read Twilight during the cusp of its hype, a lot of nostalgia surrounding that and talking about the book with people.
- I actually can’t think of a third thing lol. 😡 I see how Harry Potter is better on all technical levels but there is something subjectively guilty pleasure fun about the Twilight series.
3. Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it?
No I don’t, and I totally should because my bag is too small for most books.
4. Do you smell your books?
Yes! I vastly prefer new book smell over old book smell.
5. Books with or without illustrations?
Honestly I wish all books had illustrations lol, of the settings. Often times a place will be described and I have no idea what the author is talking about, lol. Especially in fantasy novels. I probably need to watch more movies/adaptations.
6. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Oh my gosh. Too many. And I still love some really bad books here and there. But for this option I choose V.C. Andrews, and also don’t care that her books are bad, still a fangirl over some of her rarely-explored and eccentric themes.
7. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I wish I had one. The only thing I can think of is picking up adult books from thrift stores, like cozy mysteries with cute cats on the cover and being really confused and even offended when the books were not about cats.
8. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
9. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I Know This Much Is True By Wally Lamb. Terrifyingly thick.
10. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future becoming an author?
I don’t see myself becoming an author but I like to write drabbles a lot. Especially if the inspiration strikes and I get ideas about characters I like, I’ll just write some random thing about them and hide it away.
11. When did you get into reading?
Apparently I was able to read passages from adult literature at age 2.5 or 3 or so, though I had no idea what the books were about. I think I was 6 when I finished a book without pictures, some Beverley Cleary book. I remember it now, Ramona Age 8.
12. What is Your Favourite Classic Book?
1984 by George Orwell.
13. In school was your best subject English or another Language Arts subject?
Yes, Language Arts.
14. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I would probably either keep it or discreetly gift it.
15. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
Battle Royale, though a stand-alone novel and not a book series, is so similar to The Hunger Games and predates it. I think there is a detailed list online of the plotting similarities and it is astounding how much the two have in common.
16. What is your favourite word?
Serendipity or Serenity.
17. Are you a Nerd, Dork, or Dweeb? Or all of the above?
All of the above, but especially dweeb. x’D
18. Vampires or Faeries?
Both! But I’ve come across more appealing vampire books, want to find more faerie books as I adore the fae aesthetic.
19. Bookmark or Random Piece of Paper?
Random piece of paper because bookmarks somehow keep disappearing whenever I need them and random pieces of paper don’t!
20. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
You guys don’t know how deep in the forbidden love rabbit hole I am. Ugh. If a book is even 10% good and has forbidden love, I am in there and ready to read it. My ultimate weakness..
21. One book at a time or several books at once?
Lately I’ve been doing one book at a time but I think several at once works better for me, if they’re of starkly differing genres.
22. Can you stop reading at any part of the book or does it have to be the end of the chapter?
End of the chapter or I’ll have no bearings.
23. Do you write in your books?
No but after seeing some people’s lovely annotated books I kind of want to, if it’s not a limited edition.
24. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV?
LOL. I cannot even change my reading locations without interrupting immersion. I wish very much that multi-tasking like that was easier or possible.
25. Do you read out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head for sure.
BONUS QUESTION: Physical book, e-book or audio book?
Physical and ebook equally, then audiobook. If I hear that an audiobook is awesome and has a full cast with fun banter that benefits from voice acting, I’d prefer that route.
This was fun! I love these easy and relatable bookish tags. If you have any thoughts on my answers or are doing this tag on your blog, feel free to let me know and I’ll check out your post.