Many thanks to Amanda for tagging me to do this very fun Q&A! Please do check out her blog https://aelilyreads.home.blog/ <- she does awesome reviews and is a super active book blogger.
Q&A with Kitty
- What’s your favourite movie?
Oh my gosh this is hard. I’m picking a Japanese film called Memories of Matsuko. I’ve watched it four times and cried every time at the end. It’s so colorful and emotional and just.. just watch it. Only if you’re 18 and over, as it’s R-rated. But such a beautiful film with an ending that is simultaneously powerfully draining and energizing. If you’re wasting your life in any way, it is a must watch.
2. Who was your favourite childhood author?
Francine Pascal, author of the Sweet Valley series.
So you might think of Sweet Valley and assume “oh, what a cute little innocent series for kids” WRONG. SO WRONG. Note to self, drink some death wish coffee and write up an epic drama post about the deeply problematic Sweet Valley series and the endless dysfunction of this rage-inducing relationship between sisters.
3. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure read?
The Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn. They’re historical romances but read very modern to an almost silly, but very fun effect. Quinn has this amazing thing she does- lead up to an event but skip over every boring aspect and just get straight to the next relevant plot point. I love it, total guilty pleasure. Also this is the best time to get into this series since Netflix is working on an adaptation that looks very diverse (had a blind casting) and awesome and I can’t wait you guys.
4. Where would you like to travel?
Rabbit Island. No doubt about it. I would say Cat island but my cats would never forgive me for coming back home and smelling like 9,000 other cats.
5. Do you have any pets? Share pictures, if you do! If you don’t, do you want pets?
Messily-edited photo but yeah, her name is Fippy. 😀
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
An artist. I never pursued it, and still wonder if I was always meant to.
7. What’s a book you recommend to everyone?
Oh wow, this is hard. So I’m going to suggest a book I haven’t read yet which makes no sense but here we go, Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl. It is the book that saved my dad’s life, and many other lives. I might never have been born had this book not been written. Been saving it for when I really need it. I imagine the first read will be the most monumental.
8. What’s your favorite season?
Fall for all the pretty colors. Spring is a close second though.
9. Do you listen to music while reading?
No, I’d get too distracted. Sometimes I would imagine some random song playing in my mind though while reading.
10. Are there any books you would never read?
Anything to do with sports. It’s all greek to me. Couldn’t even get into blitzball.
11. Why do you like blogging?
I’ve been meaning to start a blog for years. It was one of those things on a long list of “eh, I might do this someday” things. All it took was a random afternoon to get the ball rolling. Such an enriching hobby. Love all the little chats, have met awesome people. Really wish I got into this sooner!
Nominations (btw, all these reading blogs are fantastic and I highly recommend checking them out!)
- Devour Books With Dana
3. Samantha The Reader
5. Not Another Book Blogger
6. YOU. And feel free to reply to this post with a link back, I’d love to check it out!
- What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
- If you had to be stranded on a desert island with one book character, who would you choose?
- If you wrote a book, what would its genre be?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your least favorite book?
- Is there any book coming out this year that you’re looking forward to reading?
- What completed book series would you like to see one more new volume for?
- What is your favorite coffee flavor? (Or another type of drink, if you don’t drink coffee.)
- What genre do you read the most?
- Your favorite author approaches you to name the character of their new book! What name would you choose?
- What do you like most about blogging?
Thanks so much for reading this post! It was super fun to do!